Job Role: Application Engineer
Experience: 2 years
Job Location: Hyderabad
Our mission is to help people, see data in new ways, discover insights, unlock endless possibilities. At Oracle, we know that sustainability is good business. We don’t just value differences—we celebrate them. “Oracle thrives because of the exceptional talent we have attracted.”
- Work closely with Development, QA, and IT to define, implement and support automated deployment systems for various application environments.
- Help improve Configuration Management to ensure all systems are properly and consistently updated.
- Support teams in code deployments, configuration, and system maintenance for both Manual and Automated test environments.
- Support Internal teams with any test environment-related issues/questions
- Pro-actively identify hurdles in the release process, drive the release process/SDLC changes and enforce the process with various stakeholders.
- Help design, build and maintain constantly evolving test infrastructures.
- Communicate with Software Engineers, QA Engineers, and Operations teams on schedules and priorities and ensure releases are on track.
- Proficiency with Linux environments and Bash scripting
- Experience developing code using Python or similar programming languages
- Continuous Integration tools such as Jenkins or GitLab
- Experience with configuration management and deployment/infrastructure automation tools such as Salt, Ansible, or Chef
- Virtual Environments; OpenStack, Virtual Box, Vagrant, or Amazon EC2
- Understanding of Software Development Life Cycle, Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration, and Continuous Delivery
- Experience in source control tools such as GIT or SVN
- Ability to apply detail-oriented focus to quickly solve problems.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently on complex software projects
- Docker/Kubernetes and Oracle databases are a plus
- Willingness to learn new technologies and adapt
- Ability to attend weekly status calls in US hours morning hours
To apply for this job please visit oracle.taleo.net.