Job Role: Test Engineer
We bring together the world’s greatest minds to help breathe life into new possibilities – and drive innovation for a better future. That’s why we look for individuals who share our pioneering spirit, have imaginative ideas and are fearless when it comes to tackling the world’s biggest challenges. Our people love technology – and they love making a difference. They have a passion for finding new solutions and working with brilliant colleagues. Every day they dedicate themselves to a huge range of exciting projects, contributing to the Hitachi vision around the globe. From engineering new sustainability solutions that conserve water and energy to creating the infrastructure for the smart cities of tomorrow, there’s no challenge too great for our pioneers. And there’s no shortage of opportunities for you to make a difference. Come and experience the dynamic, collaborative and creative environments where your ideas are welcome and new discoveries are waiting. To help you grow to your full potential, we strive to support our employees in their career aspirations and promote the freedom to explore new horizons.
- Set up test environment and run performance benchmarking tests on replication environment with Hitachi storage systems.
- Create and document detailed test plans, performance briefs, Implementation Guides and other technical documents that detail the configurations, test methodology results and Best Practices.
- Work with Engineering and partners (if appropriate) to properly set test and performance goals and maximize results.
- Design, develop, and maintain a dynamic lab environment that can be rapidly configured to suite specific hardware or software solutions.
- Create and provide advanced-level technical training to System Engineers (- other technical audiences as appropriate).
- Develop automated scripts for testing, setup preparation etc. (using Python, Shell, etc).
- Provide frequent status updates and reports to keep management up-to-date.
- Experience in performance benchmarking, tuning and analysis. File, Content and/or Block performance bottleneck identification is critical for this role.
- Good experience on NAS, File storage architecture, configuration, and management.
- Experience on software defined storages, configuration, provisioning, troubleshooting etc.
- Experience in Cloud platform and storage administration is an advantage.
- Experience with other virtualization technologies such as VMware vSphere or Microsoft Hyper-V is a plus.
- Excellent knowledge of the Linux operating system.
- Good hands on experience with HDS storage or at an expert level with IBM/HP/EMC/NetApp storage in block and file services.
- Good storage knowledge in RAID, disk-subsystem, file system, snapshot, replication (in-system, remote) and deduplication.
- Excellent knowledge in networking and storage protocols: NFS, CIFS, TCP/IP, Fibre Channel, Storage Area Network.
- Coding experience (in python, Perl, shell, etc) to automate test scripts is a big plus
- Excellent writing and documentation skills; very good verbal communications (including presentations and providing technical training).
- Broad exposure and experience in integrating hardware solutions including servers (UNIX, LINUX, and Windows) with storage systems.
- Excellent internal and external customer skills. Possess the ability to work and communicate with the senior technical and executive levels including consultants, SE, PM, VP, etc.
- A team player and fast adoption to changes (technical and process) is a must.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/ Computer Science or equivalent.
Join us on Telegram For More Updates: https://t.me/nareshitofficialgroup
To apply for this job please visit careers.hitachi.com.