Job Role: Associate Software Engineer
Eligibility: Bachelor’s Degree
Collaborate with a cross-functional team of application developers, operations engineers, architects to understand complex product requirements and translate them into automated solutions. Collaborate with colleagues to automate platform support, processes, standards and tools. Hands-on deployment of large projects to support mission-critical applications.Hands-on engineering of Public Cloud services for use by application developers.
Participate in architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment, security, and high availability in the cloud. Write and maintain code for automating the creation of scalable/resilient systems/infrastructure/platform services design, implement, and properly monitored and instrumented. Troubleshoot and resolve complex issues in development, test and production environments
Manage a baseline of automation that controls network and security functions to Gartner’s cloud platforms.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related focus, or equivalent experience
- Strong verbal & written communicate organizations
- Familiar with the fundamentals of web application and relational database architectures
- Adept at learning and applying new technologies and solving new problems
- Understanding of agile and other development processes and methodologies
- Understanding of immutable infrastructure and infrastructure as code concepts
- Strong knowledge and understanding of CI/CD processes and tools (Jenkins, Bamboo)
- Familiar with Linux and/or Windows operating systems, JSON, Shell, Python, Groovy, Java, Powershell or other programming language experience is a must
- Knowledge of the various services and capabilities of cloud computing platforms (AWS/Azure/GCP)
Prior experience using automation tools (Terraform, CloudFormation, ARM, Ansible, HashiCorp Packer, Puppet, Chef) required
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) such as IAM, EC2, EBS, ELB, RDS, S3, Route 53, NATGateways, VPCs, CloudWatch, Lambda scripts desired
- AWS Certifications a plus (AWS Certified: SysOps Administrator, DevOps Engineer, Solutions Architect).
To apply for this job please visit jobs.gartner.com.