Website American Express
Experience: 1+ years
Job Location: Bangalore
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards. We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community.
- Contribute to an agile team. Contribute to the release of new features on the platform by working with the product and technical leadership.
- Help formulate and enforce best practices, ensure great test coverage for all projects.
- Work on proof of concepts on new tools and technologies to assess their feasibility for the Amex big data platform.
- Support and help deliver critical initiatives that rely on the Amex Enterprise Big Data Warehouse.
- Design, gather and present quality metrics to quantify the benefit of all the changes on the platform.
- 1+ years of software development experience in Java, Python, Go
- 1+ years of Linux Experience. Ideally, you have contributed to OpenSource projects
- Good understanding of big data technologies such as Spark, Mapreduce, YARN, Hive, Zookeeper, etc. Preferably, with some real-world experience.
- Good understanding of NoSQL technologies such as HBase, Cassandra, Redis, Memcache, etc. Preferably, with some real-world experience.
- Ability to effectively interpret technical and business objectives and challenges and articulate solutions
- Willingness to learn new technologies and exploit them to their optimal potential At the core of Software Engineering
To apply for this job please visit jobs.americanexpress.com.