10 Oct 2013
Application Developer ETL 43973BR
- The ETL Developer will be working with the Decision Support Systems team to maintain and develop data integration solutions to support our EDW/BI Reporting platform.
- The candidate will need to understand business and technical requirements and translate this into data integration designs and deliverables.
- The solutions must align with EDW, Data mart and ETL standards and guidelines.
- The data integration solutions will be based on Informatica with Oracle data warehouses/databases & OBIEE for reporting platform.
- Understand business requirements and convert them into detail technical specifications.
- Develop ETL programs primarily using Informatica Power Center, PL/SQL.
- Extract, transform & load into dimension model structures of EDW & data marts.
- Performance improvement & SQL tuning of Informatica mappings, SQL & PL/SQL scripts.
- Technical reviews, Data validation & end to end testing.
- Develop new data integrations and support existing integrations for VMware’s DSS team.
- Perform end to end testing of the ETL Objects.
- Create necessary documentation as per SDLC standards.
- Minimum 4-5 years of experience in implementation of BI projects in a large scale enterprise data warehouse environment.
- Must have working experience in Oracle Sales, Marketing, Finance, or Support domains.
- Knowledge of end-to-end SDLC process in BI projects.
- Dimensional Modeling and Data warehouse concepts, such as star schemas, snowflakes, dimensions, facts etc.
- 3-5 years of experience in ETL Tool Architecture and ETL products especially Informatica 8.6 and above.
- Converting functional specifications into ETL technical specifications.
- Proven hands-on experience in using Informatica components such as Designer, Workflow Manager, Workflow Monitor, Repository Manager, etc.
- Hands on experience with database like Oracle, MSSQL Server and database languages like SQL, PL/SQL and TSQL.
- Experienced in Unix Shell / Perl Scripting.
- Exposure to SOA, Web services, Cloud based integrations with Salesforce.com, Trillium, MySql is highly desired.
- Strong SQL, PL/SQL tuning & Informatica performance improvement skills.
- Working knowledge in Oracle Data Integrator will be a big plus.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
- Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent.
- Oracle, Informatica certifications a plus.